Last updated on: June 5, 2020
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the https://mcgilldesignconsultancy.com/ website operated by McGill Design Consultancy (MDC). Your access to and use of the service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these terms. These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the service.
By accessing or using the service you agree to be bound by these terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the service.
Purchases and Quality
- The service provided by MDC is free and intended to provide capable students with experience and the opportunity to showcase their skills. While we try our best to ensure the utmost quality and hold ourselves to a high standard, the “perfect” website is not guaranteed. MDC reserves the right to cancel any project during its term if a client requests more services than needed and deemed appropriate.
- With the team working on design and implementation, clients are fully responsible for the purchase of a domain and/or hosting for the said website. MDC is happy to walk clients through the steps required to purchase a domain and/or hosting during the initial in-person meeting.
- Through use of our service, all projects and websites created must have a “Developed by McGill Design Consultancy” in the footer section of your website.
Content and Maintenance
- Client privacy and confidentiality is of vital importance and is our top priority. MDC will never disclose or share any personal details during or upon completing a project.
- Once a project has been delivered, clients hold all responsibility for the material on the website.
- MDC’s service period ends once the project has been completed and reviewed. There is no regular or periodic maintenance that follows after the website has been published.
- Prior to the project deadline, MDC offers every client the opportunity to review the project once. This provides clients with a final say in expectations and changes before pushing to production.
- The service provided does not teach clients how to manage their websites individually. MDC does intend, however, to host a number of general website training tutorials over the semester that clients can refer to and keep an eye out for. These tutorials are on MDC’s own time and due to the nature of work, clients should hold this as an expectation.
- Since we are students working as volunteers to gain experience, in no event shall McGill Design Consultancy nor any students, volunteers shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract.
- MDC makes it a priority to try and ensure all deadlines are met and projects completed on time. Delays may occur and are out of our control if clients are unable to provide any requested material during the project term. In this event, MDC will complete the project with a template that the client can fill in with relevant content at their convenience.
- With students at the helm, the client must accept that projects may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances and an excessive workload. With the team’s synergy and work ethic, we hope to rarely face such situations.
Links To Other Websites
Our service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by McGill Design Consultancy. McGill Design Consultancy has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that MDC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace the following terms at any time. If material is revised we will try to provide an appropriate days number of notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, please contact us at email@example.com.